IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING FOR A REGISTERED NURSE OR MIDWIFE REGIONAL SICKLE CELL FOLLOW UP COORDINATOR
The Primary Health Care and Management Center (PriHEMAC) in Ibadan, Oyo State, the Tracking Unit of the Comprehensive Newborn Screening Programme in South West (CNBSPSW) Nigeria, for haemoglobinopathies, is seeking a qualified, passionate and dedicated registered nurse (RN) or midwife (RM) to coordinate the short term follow up of children screened for asickle cell disorders (SCD). This position will ensure that all who receive a valid screening test through the CNBSPSW States, excluding Lagos State, receive their results with appropriate counselling, and affected children referred into care for confirmation and treatment, as soon as possible.
The CNBSPSW Sickle Cell Tracking Coordinator will provide culturally appropriate services based on the need to improve health outcomes by assuring that screening results are reported to families and physicians with comprehensive care facilities for children identified with SCD and counselling provided for families of children with haemoglobinopathy trait.
Follow up services are to be provided in community outreach settings, including, but not limited to, homes, schools, hospitals, clinics, PHCs, local businesses, and community centers.
Work Conditions: The successful candidate must be willing to undergo training in addition to the following:
- Committed to at least 3 years of
- Coordinate and report on follow-up services provided by focal persons in the participating
- Job Type: Part time with case load of 20 to 30 clients per week (evidence of follow up/counseling)
- Salary: Negotiable with stipend for
- Reports to the Director, CNBSPSW Tracking Unit
- Current/Active RN/RM registration with the Nursing/Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Good understanding of the community outreaches and services
- Knowledge of Sickle Cell Disease and Sickle Cell Trait
- At least one year of experience working in a community-based
- Proficient in the use of the computer (MS Office) and has access to the internet and online databases 24/7.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), Appropriate use of the English language and Yoruba are mandatory, while Igbo and Hausa are desirable.
- Ability and willingness to provide emotional support, encouragement, and motivation to persons living with SCD and their families.
- Ability and willingness to successfully complete the haemoglobinopathy counselling certification training programme, if not a trained haemoglobinopathy counsellor.
- Reliable transportation
- A clean criminal background record
- Ability to follow directions and meet programme
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and
INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Send letter of interest accompanied with your current resume, RN/RM licenses, references, and salary request to the Director of CNBSPSW Tracking Unit at email@example.com. This job application is open until the position is filled.
Job Announcement -Sickle Cell Regional Tracking Nurse Coordinator January 2024